Finally, a book about investing written in plain English for both Canadians and Americans. The Young Investor is the most complete guide to investing in today's global marketplace using the very best online tools and resources. At any age, it is never too late to learn how to invest your money and secure a bright financial future for yourself.
The Young Investor will HELP YOU:
- Learn about investing in very simple terms
- Learn how to choose investments that are right for you
- Learn how to manage investments yourself through an online broker
- Easily access the very best online tools and resources on investing
- Achieve wealth and realize your most precious dreams
- Help the SPCA (The author will donate 10% of the net proceeds to SPCA International, see www.spca.com
- - Why Invest?
- - A Global Market
- - Investment Types
- - General Investing Guidelines & Tips
- - Avoid Mutual Funds…Embrace Exchange-Traded Funds
- - Anatomy of a Stock
- - Do it Yourself! Online Investing
- - Alternative Investment Strategies
- - The Offshore Advantage
Appendix A - Investment Resources
Appendix B - Investment Glossary
Visit www.TheYoungInvestor.net to:
- Read Chapter 1 - Why Invest? for FREE
- Enter a CONTEST to WIN $2,000 to start your own investment portfolio
- Get additional details about the book
- Get updates for weblinks found in the book
- See how to obtain an e-book version of this book for your desktop or handheld computer
- Learn more about investing
Dan Fournier, a dual citizen of Canada and the United States, has been working in the education sector for over twenty years - seven of them as a Business Instructor at Champlain College in Sherbrooke, Quebec. He holds a college degree in Computer Information Systems and a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Bishop's University.
On a more personal level, Dan enjoys learning about different cultures, snorkeling in the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean, and traveling around the world, having visited over twenty countries. He has also been known to be a formidable opponent in the odd Texas Hold'em tournament. As an eternal student, Dan speaks three languages and is currently learning Mandarin as he plans to teach in China for a while.