This catalogue is the most comprehensive ever produced for western collectors:
• Covers the period from 650 BC to AD 1912.
• Over 5,000 coins illustrated, described, and numbered.
• Comprehensive Finding Guide allows any coin to be quickly located.
• Guide to rarity and value.
• Designed for use by beginners and experts.
• The latest research and archaeological findings are incorporated.
• Explains how to read the inscriptions on Chinese coins and describes the various writing styles used on the coins.
• Pinyin and Wade romanisations; simplified and traditional characters.
• Correct transliterations of non-Chinese inscriptions.
• Historical background and contemporary accounts of the use of the coinage.
• Numerous maps and charts.
• Cross-references to Ding and Schjöth.
• Annamese, Japanese and Korean coins outlined.
• Awarded the 2005 Lhotka Prize by the Royal Numismatic Society.
The author has been collecting and studying Chinese coins for over forty years. Author of “Qing Cash”, the definitive work on the coinage of the Manchu dynasty of China.